"There's a beauty to wisdom and experience that cannot be faked. It's impossible to be mature without having lived" -Amy Grant
Who We Are
MASN is a grassroots QUT student initiative which was developed in 2012, in response to increasing numbers of mature age students enrolling at University whether for the first time, or returning to study after a term of absence. The main aim of MASN is simply to bring together a diverse range of mature age students, both undergraduate and postgraduate; to share knowledge and ideas; to provide an opportunity to develop professional networks within and between professions; and to foster collaboration throughout our university experience and beyond. MASN is nonpolitical and non-discriminatory
- To encourage students as they journey through higher education
- To ensure all students are aware of the facilities and support available to them to help reach their goals
- To foster a sense of belonging and reduce the feelings of isolation experienced by many MA students
- To broaden social and professional network opportunities across QUT faculties and campuses
- To provide MASN members opportunities to network with other mature students across Australia.